Grab bag
Greetings!
I have absolutely no desire to have you answer a blog regarding The Old Man and the Sea today... I thought, perhaps, you'd like to share the ideas you put in your "Good Cornerstone" or "Bad Cornerstone" essay that I've graded (yes, folks, it's true!)... Then I thought, "Nah!" So what do YOU want to share today?
It's up to you! But, of course, you must share something. And no CUSSING! (I never thought I'd have to say that here. In Algebra, yes.) Need ideas? How 'bout these:
-- what I'm doing for spring break
-- what I'd like to do for spring break
-- the best food known to man
-- the most important thing you could do today
-- why I have less time than anyone else
-- pet peeves
-- gripes
-- best friends
-- worst nightmare
-- The Old Man and the Sea (only through the exposition, of course)
-- Good Cornerstone... Bad Cornerstone
-- whatever's on your heart (your godly heart, that is)
Seriously, edify. Truth is OK, but don't slam anyone.
Love,
Mrs. D
13 Comments:
From Stephanie G.
My biggest pet peeve is when you go in the bathroom and sitting on the holder is an empty roll of toilet paper!
Stephanie Gray
I'm so glad it's easy today! I could talk forever... but I'm not going to because I don't have that much time. No, that's not my topic sentence. Altough I am really buisy and really looking forward to spring break for some rest and relaxation. My spring break though had to be created...by me. During Cornerstone's spring break, I still have Santa Fe and Buchholz, but when Cornerstone has Iowa testing I Buchholz will be having their spring break. So I have to take one of my trig tests ahead of schedule next Friday so I won't have to go in for class that week and then since I don't have to do Iowa testing, I'm gonna make that week my spring break. So for the first half of the week I'm gonna go to Orlando with some friends and we're gonna go to Disney for the first time in my life! Yay! We get discounted park-hopper passes, so I'm really excited. While we're their we'll also watch the NCAA Basketball Championship game...hopefully the Gators make it there again! Then after we come home I'm gonna sleep in and work a whole bunch for the rest of the week (Thurs. Fri.). So that's my spring break... in a nut shell.
This comment has been removed by the author.
For the "greatest food ever", I will reveal what I consider to be the perfect sandwich. Fortunately, I am not worried about it being a new fad, mainly because of you who are too scared to try the eccentric food combinations that I so willfully and joyously partake in. My perfect consists of 4 ingredients, not including bread, but because by definition a sandwich has bread on it (if anyone wants to debate this point, I am all ears). The ingredients are:
2 eggs (I cook them on a basic frying pan, with nothing else added)
Several slices of pepperoni (the number isn't really that important, enough where you can taste it is all that matters)
A solid amount of sauerkraut (this depends purely on how much you like sauerkraut, and how much zing you want)
Peanut butter (enough to cover one slice of bread)
Sound gross? It may, but let me tell you, it is possibly the most delicious thing I have ever had. Seriously.
On another food-related note, pineapple juice and milk is positively delicious.
If anyone bothers to try either of these combinations, let me know what you thought of it :)
"Think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts!" Ok! Um, I'm going to share about the 8th grade drama class. Katie, Andrew, and I have been working with these kids since the beginning of the second semester and when they all started talking/acting/etc. I thought to myself, "What the heck have I gotten myself into?" I mean, everyone of the kids has talent, but they weren't willing to try very hard. There have been days when I've been a terrible drama assistant, and yelled at the poor kids for not trying hard enough, not getting whatever I was trying to explain, etc. But, over the past few days, the kids have really started to step it up and I'm so impressed by the amount of effort they're putting forth! Just wanted to say that I'm quite proud of them and everyone should come and see their performance during the Living History Festival... :) and thanks to Katie for being so amazing and helping me keep my head on, Stephanie G for helping me realize that they aren't really doing as bad as I thought, Joel for keeping me in a decent mood, and Adrew, for all your creativity and help. You all are amazing!!
Oh! And on another dramatic note, a huge round of applause to Gibby, Barn and Zach W for putting so much time and energy into the Spring Showcase... it's gonna be amazing!
I had this weird dream one or two years ago, and it really scared me even though it'll probably sound stupid here . . . there were all these people in a big glass building with a whole bunch of stories, and I was in the building, too. I think most of the people in the world were in it. And then there were these seven black panthers that were climbing all over it, but all the people inside were like "It's okay, they'll never get in here." But then one of the panthers broke through the glass, and I knew that everyone who stayed in the building was going to die (don't ask me how I knew . . . you know how dreams are). So I run frantically out this door and start climbing down the stairs as fast as I can (it was really scary), and Kady Carmichael was chasing me and trying to get me back in the building. I was so scared and running as fast as I could, but she was catching up, so I jumped the last few stories and for some reason once I got to the bottom I knew she couldn't get me back into the building. Then I was somewhere else and there was this guy who I think was Hitler talking to everyone, and then I realized that Mary and Joseph were standing right next to me. The End. It was pretty weird and really terrifying.
I liked this blog, too, Mrs. Dagen.
Well, I'v been thinking a lot about the Showcase tomorrow and I want my performance to be PERFECT. But it won't be so I'll just keep dreaming. lol. I've just been really focused on music lately. That's about it. Over spring break I am going to Tenesee with the physics class. And I don't really have anything else. Gosh, Im boring lol! Oh, if you come to the showcase listen up for Nicole Garcia and Paint Me Irrational, my two favorite acts:)
Well, I'v been thinking a lot about the Showcase tomorrow and I want my performance to be PERFECT. But it won't be so I'll just keep dreaming. lol. I've just been really focused on music lately. That's about it. Over spring break I am going to Tenesee with the physics class. And I don't really have anything else. Gosh, Im boring lol! Oh, if you come to the showcase listen up for Nicole Garcia and Paint Me Irrational, my two favorite acts:)
Wow, Gibby, sounds like you don't like very many people . . . and while Christians should do everything like they're doing it for God, I think it's more important that they love other people. You ask if we can really call ourselves Christians because we don't want to go to a huge college right out of high school, and I have to ask if we can really call ourselves Christians if we don't like the people that God commanded us to love.
Consider this one graded. Whew.
Don't let Gibby get your goat. Frankly, some younger students have the mindset that Cornerstone graduates only CAN go to SFCC, not that Cornerstone students CHOOSE to go to SFCC. In fact, I know of one sixth grader who was actually begging her father to let her got to Lincoln's brainiac program merely because she didn't want to go to SFCC.
If it's any consolation to you all, I graduated Top 10 in my class of 500 students and then didn't go to college at all after high school--and look how good I turned out! Actually, my parents would not LET me go away to college because my four older siblings had all done so and fallen away from the Lord. So I stayed at home and worked for a year (and helped lead our youth group) and THEN God very clearly led me to a college in Missouri. And I didn't fall away from the Lord there. In fact, I considered it my first mission field.
I graduated from Cottey College (an all girls' school) with a 4.0 average and was the president of my class. It was, perhaps, the best experience of my life, and I am so thankful God allowed me to have it. I then wanted to go to Wheaton College in Illinois, but God led me to UF.
I got involved with Campus Crusade for Christ, did two summer missions projects with them, met my first husband while on the mission project and would have lived happily ever after except that Bill's "after" was quite short. God, however, kept me in Gainesville, allowed me to meet Steve Dagen and gave me the supreme joy of becoming his wife and the mother of his children, four of whom were already born.
The point, I think, is to be in tune with the Lord, open to His calling in your life--whether you're making decisions about spring break or your entire life. Try to be in a position (i.e. well-trained, out of debt, etc.) from which you can leap to follow God's will at a moment's notice. Be available.
Actually, be FAT--Faithful, Available, Teachable. We can all learn from each other--even on this blog, even if it's, perhaps, how we don't want to be! What a blessing to have each other--and be able to share deeply with each other, even when it makes you mad. You guys have it made.
I love your thoughts and treasure them. (Your spelling is another thing.) Glean from each other's posts the value in them and ask God to help you with any offense you may feel. I was greatly offended by the officer's judgment that I ran a red light, but as I prayed about it, I realized that if that wrong called caused me to drive more intentionally, more carefully, and perhaps avoid a terrible, serious accident, then I would count it worth it. I don't know what God has called you to do with your life, and maybe Gibby's promptings, or Binary's honesty, or even Jake's recipes will make all the difference.
I love you all!
Sorry about the type-o's in there... I saw at least three. Ugh.
Graded.
Post a Comment
<< Home