Wednesday, February 28, 2007

So enlighten us...

Hi!

I figured you might be a bit tired of the "deep" blogs (just trying to make sure we don't become the Fahrenheit 451 society, you know), so today's blog should be a little bit easier for you all. Since most of you are working on a PowerPoint (or similar) program, I thought maybe you could offer some advice for the newbies. Even if YOU are new, you may have learned something, heard something about the basics OR you may have a question to ask about PowerPoint that one of our veterans could answer.

So advise, question or both. Check back to see if you could answer those questions or to see if your question has been answered. I'll also try to scan the finalists for vocab here, too. Sorry that I've been slacking in that regard.

Love,
Mrs. D

5 Comments:

At 11:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Helpful hint: use consistent slide transitions; it looks more professional. Using crazy, different transitional effects each time looks, frankly, stupid. But, that's just my opinion... to each his own.

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Patrick12 said...

So Laura I beg to differ. I have never used power point before, but it's not too bad. Anyways how do you add video onto power point?... if at all possible. And Stephanie and Suzie, thank you for being so cool and well behaved in class. You two are really cool people. I'm glad I know you!

That was my random shout out you two.

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Okay, I'm pretty sure I know how to insert at least music. Pull up the slide that you want the music to play on, go to "Insert" and scroll down to "Movies and Sounds." You will want to either click "Sound from File" (if you have the music on your computer) or "Play CD Audio Track" (if it's a CD). Then find the song and select it, and click "OK." It should give you an option to have the song play automatically or when you click, and you can pick whichever you want. Once the little sound icon is on the slide, you can right click it, go down to "edit sound object," and click the box that says "hide icon during slide show." That's about it!

 
At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm good thanks. Personally, I think you should try to ad some personality to your power point, because sometimes we go so generic in the name of professionalism that it gets dull.

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Sister Sara said...

I've graded this... good input, guys.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home