Let's have some fun...
Hi!
I hope that our days of difficulty with the blog are over, but we'll have to see about that! I signed in today to find that "beta Blogger" is no longer, but we are still getting all the new things that beta promised--perhaps without all the complications?
Today, share your best "moment" of your Christmas break. What was the highlight of the break from school? I enjoyed many great moments--lingering over the opening of gifts Christmas morning, as we each opened up a gift while the others watched. I don't think the gift-giving has ever lasted so long, and it wasn't because we bought more than usual. You'll have to ask Laura the story behind one of her gifts.
Another memorable moment: On Christmas Eve, after I had carefully purchased all my gifts, shopping early mornings, etc. to avoid the crowds, my husband had the audacity to ask me to go to Circuit City to purchase a new TV (for our bedroom, as the "old" one had died Dec. 23). When I pulled into the parking lot (which was full and flowing with pedestrians dashing from their cars into the store ahead of me), I called my beloved hubby on the cell phone and told him, "Unless I walk into that store and find a host of salespeople ready to wait on me--" (Here AJ burst in with, "and saying, 'Hello, Mrs. Dagen, can I help you find something?'")--I'm walking right out." (Ever the submissive wife, I found that the Helen side of me took a back seat to the Jane side--note the literary allusion.) So, I walked into the store determinedly, looking for the television my husband had located online, and I hear, "Hello, Mrs. Dagen, can I help you find something?" No lie! It was a former student of mine. The minute I heard that, I knew I was going to buy a TV! In fact, another miracle, the TV was delivered that day--15 minutes after I arrived home!
But my most tender, memorable moment was in St. Pete. I was helping my mother-in-love in the kitchen, and my father-in-love was sitting nearby observing us when he called me over and said, "You really love Betty Jo, don't you?" (She's my mother-in-love.) Of course, I said yes. He went on to say, "I've been sitting here just watching, and I can tell that you love her and that she really loves you." I do love her! She is not "even" my mother-in-law but is my husband's first wife's mother. Could it be more awkward? And, yet, she is almost as dear to me as my own mother. What a blessing she is--and what a blessing to have this conversation with my father-in-love, as well.
So what touched your heart or funny bone this Christmas break?
Love,
Mrs. D
6 Comments:
So I had a very nice and relaxing break which brought some much-needed rest. So I have a few memories of Christmas break. One is I went to a Christmas party where we did a gift exchange. By some not-so-complicated events, I ended up getting a beauty and relax eye mask type thingy mabobber. So I figured I'd try it. The beauty part didn't really work, but the relaxing part did. lol. I thought that was funny.
Another memory came in South Carolina. My family and I went up there to stay with some family. We had a blast. There were two things that were a blast. The first was we got together with some friends from up there and played ultimate frizbee! It was a blast. Also, a good bit of us went 4-wheeling, being extremely cautious thanks to the warings I've received about 4-wheeling in physics class. Well, they almost worked. My cousins and I almost tipped over twice...going slow of course, but we didn't. We had so much fun though. Got some major air!
My favorite memory though was hanging out with my family. I saw my oldest brother Ryan who lives in Kansas City and I saw my other brother Matt who is married and is going to school in Tallahassee. So that was my favorite part.
My favorite part of Christmas break this year would have to be Christmas Eve. We stayed out really late doing something (I can't remember what), and then we came home and stayed up even later cooking all the food for the next day. At about 1:30 that morning, while my mom was wrapping presents in her bedroom, my two sisters and I snuck outside with lanterns and flashlights and planted 54 pansies in our front yard. It was kind of raining lightly, but it was so much fun! The plan was for my mom to think we were in bed, but she told me before we went out that she would be sneaking in and out of my room to get boxes. So, being the ingenious person that I am, I turned on the bathroom light and closed the door so she'd think that was where I was. So, that was the best part of my Christmas break. Have a wonderful day!
After many memorable moments were experience over the winte holyday. A select group of expert judges formed a listed and voted on the three most memorable in my winter break.
So here they are in decreasing or increasing order.
3. On the fifth day of Chrismakkuh i dressed myself as santa clause and delivered presents with my brother dressed as my reindeer.
2. On the sventh day of Chrismakkuh my oldest brother gave to me, breakfest burritos to fill my tummy.
1. On the eve before Chrismakkuh my mother drove to see, my fathers face when he saw she. (My mother drove up to meet me and my dad and family on Christmas eve, my dad didn't know she was coming... delightful moment, i think so.)
Peace
My christmas break was gr8. I don't think I had one significant memory. i grew in my relationship with christ and have resolved many things. I know it sounds impossible to change that much in 2 weeks, but christmas break proved to be the end of a long relationship. I thought I would be very sad about this, but I have realized how God works for the better and have found some direction.
wooo hoooo i got it back finnally !!!!!!!
Thanks for sharing! Consider this graded!
Post a Comment
<< Home