It's not the end...
Hi!
Now that you've reached the end of Jane Eyre, I'm going to give you a chance to write the ending you WISH were there. Perhaps you just simply LOVE the ending that Charlotte Bronte wrote, or perhaps you'd make only minor changes (that's me!). But some of you, by the way you speak in class, have other ideas, what you consider superior ideas to those published hundreds of years ago within this novel. So here's your chance to spout off and see if we like your ideas better than Charlotte's!
Now, if you think Charlotte's version is simply perfect, then you can write why you think so on this blog instead of suggesting changes.
Have a little fun!
Love,
Mrs. D
8 Comments:
Well, I actually liked the ending that Miss Bronte wrote. I thought it was wonderful that Jane and Mr. Rochester got back together, after Bertha had died in a fire, even if Mr. Rochester was blind. He ended up getting his eyesight back anyways, so it was all good!The only thing I would change would be that St. John would end up marrying Rosamond and he would have become a happy, married man, as opposed to a very legalistic, single man in Africa. The End.
I thought it was sad that Rochester lost his hand and turned blind, but I guess it proved Jane's love for him so I wouldn't change it. I liked the ending because everyone ended up being happy (except Bertha . . .). I also liked how Rochester still cared about what happened to Bertha; he didn't want her to die in the fire (even though she had started it) and he risked his life to save her.
Does anyone in Rhetoric have the website for the index card format thing? (I think I left it at school, and I really don't want to handwrite all of them . . .)
I hope i can add something else, because I just thought of this... Although it seems like Jane was falling back into the arms of a horrible guy, think about it; the one man who ever loved her for who she was, still cared for her, and was willing to risk his reputation earlier (even though he never really had one to begin with) in the book to be with Jane. I think that really shows that even if he did do something as bad as lying to her, and being so deceptive, he still loved Jane by herself, and not for what she could be, or was before, or anything like that. She was actually geniune and Rochester realized that. And Jane realized she would never be happy/content/able to love anyone else, so Rochester was the only other option. :-)
I'm sorry, I'm finished now! :-)
Ok. I would make only one major change to the story. St. John would go to the missionary field after Rosamund was married, but he woulnd't be there long because he would contract malaria (from mosquitos) and need to be shipped home to England. While in England, he would stay with his sister Mary, but in order to control the disease he would need a substance called quinine which was only found in Peru and therefore very expensive. St. John spent all his money on the mission field, so Jane, Mary, and their other sister all chip in to nurse him back to health. While all this is happening, Rosamund goes on her honeymoon and her new husband is tragically killed by being thrown off a horse. She spends a year in morning, but then hears of St. John's return. It is at this point that the cousins and Jane conspire to get St. John and Rosamund together permenantly, which they succeed in doing. Over all though, I think the story is good as it is. I saw the movie last night on PBS, and it was good. But as per usual, I prefer the book:)
I actually like the ending. Surprising I know! I really like how Jane sees Adele's situation and remembers how she felt in that situation and helps to give Adele a better future than what Jane had to endure.
I fail to see how my comment refrained Gibby from expressing his true feeling... nothing usually can do that... :-) jk
Consider this graded... "Oh how I love Progress Reports, doo dah, doo dah, Oh how I love Progress Reports, though they take all day..."
Post a Comment
<< Home