Saturday, November 11, 2006

Feeling a bit testy???

Hi!

Today's blog is a chance for you to write your own questions for the Frankenstein test through Chapter 10. It should also include background information on Mary Shelley and the world at the time of the book's writing (in the field of science, discovery, politics). The usual suspects, of course: multiple choice, fill-in-the-blanks, and essay questions. (The test will also have its usual torturous AP section, too.) Give me at least two WONDERFUL questions, and then I won't have to surprise you with my tricky ones.

I'm almost certain that I will not give the test this coming Friday but will wait until the following Tuesday instead -- partly because this Friday is Wendy's last day (and how boring to sit there and observe you all take a test!) and partly because we sure could discuss Victor and his dilemma a bit more before the test.

I haven't graded the vocabulary quiz yet or tallied the results of the contest, but when I do, I'll post the winner.

See you Tuesday!
Love,
Mrs. D

2 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, Blogger Patrick12 said...

Okay so I deffinately posted one last night, but it never posted! AHHHH! I guess I never pressed publish comment after I previewed it. That bites!

Q: Why does Frankenstein change his studies to Chemistry?

A: He realizes that he can tread in the footsteps of previous chemists and build upon what had already been discovered.

Q: Did Frankenstein succeed or fail in his goal to build on chemists previous discoveries?

A: In reality, he succeeded in expounding on chemical discoveries in that he saught to create life, which he did. However, he thought he had failed miserably because what he had intended to help manking ended up hurting mankind.

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Sister Sara said...

Some good questions here, better than usual, I think (based on my first and quick perusal of what's here). Consider this graded. Oh, look, I'm number 28!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home