Wednesday, October 11, 2006

What say you?

Greetings!

It's time to brush off the dust from those old books and brains and put yourself mentally into the classroom again. We'll be digging deep into Much Ado About Nothing, with a test over the material scheduled for the 20th. Be sure to take notes and prepare yourself by reading and answering the questions, as well as making your own observations.

Today, however, I want a sort of free-for-all post. I had thought about discussing the various topics available for your next essay, but I'd rather you listen, read, and glean facts on your own for that assignment. So for now, I want you to post your thoughts on one of these ideas:

-- a current event in the news
-- the moral state of America
-- the best deal around
-- the healthiest diet for mankind
-- senior projects
-- junior projects
-- the Tennessee trip
-- dress code
-- flashlight tag
-- cell phones and drivers
-- fast food
-- obesity
-- the alcohol age limit
-- college
-- happiest moments
-- hopes and dreams
-- ice cream
-- Algebra, math, and sports in general

Is that enough variety for you? Here's the deal: Say what you will but be respectful, especially if dealing with a Cornerstone issue. Do not personally attack an individual. Be Christlike in all your dealings. Actually, if I said that last sentence first, all would be well -- if you abide by it!

Love you!
Mrs. D

2 Comments:

At 1:48 PM, Blogger Patrick12 said...

So I'm gonna talk about the moral state of America and go off of what Stephen just said. I was thinking about this and have been thinking about it alot so when I saw I could post something on it, I was thrilled. Have you ever noticed how we Americans go on with everyday life regardless of who dies until it's someone big and famous or some disaster that directly effects us? Take the Yankee's pitcher Croy Lidle for instance. He's a big time guy with lots of money and who is fairly well known, especially in the sports world. In a tragic accident he flew his plane(accidently) into a 50 story appartment building. Very tragic and I believe he deserves sympathy or whatever you want to call it. But what about the millions of orphans off in third world countries who die every day? Why doesn't anyone pay any attention to them. As a nation, America is sending a message that says we care for the rich and famous, but when it comes to the poor and destitute who were born into terrible conditions without a prayer of a decent life, we Americans simply don't care. I just think that's a little messed up. The most powerful country in the world can't even help a poor five year old boy in Honduras or Swaziland or wherever get a decent life. Can you imagine the impact that would make on the world? The most powerful nation "stooping" down to pick up these poor orphans would probrably encourage other nations to do the same. America is a trend setter in the world. Even though we are young, we, as a nation, have a lot of influence in the world. I just think we could do a lot more to help. Some people think that they're just one person or something, but if all the "one persons" come together and influence the nation (for Christ) than the nation will come to gether as one(nation under God) and do something big to affect the world. I don't know how well I worded this, but this issue has been on my heart for quite some time. Maybe it will do something for change. Sorry I wrote so much.

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger Sister Sara said...

Consider this graded. Fun stuff. (Good idea, Hope.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home