And so we continue ...
Wow. The last blog has been my favorite, I think! I really hate to stop that line of thought -- so I haven't graded it yet, in case you need to add something or just want to add something!
I was going to have you talk about your favorite character in Much Ado today -- and you're welcome to do that -- but if you'd like, you could write about a significant step in your Christian walk. It could be the moment you really heard the Gospel of Christ and accepted Him as your Savior, or it could be another moment that transformed your life. I hesitate to write this, actually, because I know that we while we may all be Christians, we are not of the same denomination and, therefore, believe somewhat differently. So could you, perhaps, avoid the more controversial subjects (e.g. baptism of the Holy Spirit, speaking in tongues) and discuss episodes in your life that transformed you but wouldn't cause any division? I don't mean to edit your life or censor your comments, but the point is to POINT at Christ.
The Much Ado comments are welcome, too. Who is your favorite character and why? Or who did you like least and why? (I can hear Suzy and Diana now...) Don't feel any pressure to share the other.
It is on my heart, however, because Adam went to a baseball clinic yesterday with four of his teammates. One of the local churches hosted the event, called Global Baseball, and used it as a ministry opportunity. Many former major league players and current Gator players were there, and they shared their testimonies. When the Gospel was shared, three of Adam's teammates went forward to ask Christ into their heart, and the fourth told Adam he'd already done that. It was an exciting day in the life of my 10-year-old. I'm just wondering what exciting days you've had in the Lord!
Have a blessed day!
Love,
Mrs. D
2 Comments:
Wow! I'm in the same boat as Dani! I went to the same retreat. In the weeks leading up to it I had been having a rough time in my walk with God. I remember thinking, "If I can just make it to the Connection, God will come through." Well, this being my first time, I had no idea what to expect. What happened next, I couldn't even have imagined. It really relates to the story of Jesus walking on water and Peter going out to meet Him.
When the disciples saw Jesus on the water they asked if it was Jesus and then said that if it was Jesus, he should call Peter out(extreme paraphrasing). When Peter stepped out of the boat, that was the first step to "walking in faith." Then he began to walk to meet Jesus. However, he became distracted by the waves and began to sink, but Jesus was right there. He came to meet Peter and He pulled him up out of dispair. God said that if you come to me, then I will come to you...again, extreme paraphrasing, but I don't have my Bible on hand and I don't have a lot of time. So I kept that verse in mind(the one about Him meeting me).
For me, I took a step in faith when I decided to put my life back into God's hands and let him do with me as He willed. I began to hope when I thought that through the Connection, God would again reveal himself to me. In the spiritual sense, it was then that I stepped out of the boat and began walking in faith. I had faith that if I made the effort to go to God, He would meet me. So when the first day of the Connection came, I was doing great. I felt God's presence and I again had hope for my spiritual welbeing. Then later in the day I began to feel down as I looked at my life for the last few weeks and became distracted and filled with doubt(just to let you all know, doubt is NOT of God). That, in the spiritual sense, is when I became to sink, but as promised God met me where I needed Him and that night I felt God explode in me like I never have. Then the second and last night, I asked for God's heart for His people, and BOOM! It happened. I felt His love and His joy filling every inch in my body. So not only did God answer my prayer in reconnecting me, but He also gave me a lesson in faith which came in handy. As Danielle said, there were over 50 healings in those two days alone. Praise God! I was one of those.
This last weekend I experienced God like never before, and I plan on continuing to grow in my relationship with God. He's sooooo good.
So that's my testimony of what God's done with me. I just love it!
P.S. All those healings are no fruit of man or anybody in our youth group. They were the fruit of God working through ordinary teenagers to bring His kingdom to earth!
Graded.
Post a Comment
<< Home