Your verdict?
Greetings, my shy Englishings!
Today's assignment will certainly be the most difficult because you are being asked to share your opinion, and I know how taciturn you are. But lest you think the blog merely an effete exercise with a dearth of sagacity or even a banal, vacuous assignment that is not palatable to your ever-rising standards, I have had to up the ante, so to speak, and offer you an aberration from the usual easy posts.
The time has come to speak your mind about Oedipus Rex. Please, quell any obloquy you may feel and let your words be like a refreshing zephyr. In fact, be the high-caliber raconteurs that you are, but rather than retelling Oedipus' story, give a rendition of your thoughts on the play. Enjoy the moment, for it passes unremittingly, and you will find your opportunities to speak your mind as wizened as, well, your mind. (Just kidding!)
If you need some more inspiration, then think on these:
* What is your opinion of Oedipus Rex?
* Did Sophocles write a masterpiece?
* Should he have won all those prizes for his work?
* What problems do you have with the story line? With the characters?
* What movies/books/ideas have flowed out of the Oedipus story?
* If the play was performed as a movie today, who would be the actors? What would the movie be like?
* And other fun ideas of your own.
I know you have a lot on your plate. See you Friday!
Mrs. D
2 Comments:
Did I mention I was checking spelling and deducting points for incorrect words? Heh heh heh.... Seriously, I should.
By the way, I'm experiencing technical difficulties in uploading the winning vocab artwork... Keep your computer tuned in to this site.
Graded.
Post a Comment
<< Home