Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Greetings Englishings!

Welcome to our class blog. I think this is one of the best things our class did last year, and I'm looking forward to another great year blogging about literature, vocabulary, and whatever other homework assignments emerge here.

The key is to answer the blog question of the day, and the sooner you log on, the better, because you can't repeat an answer someone else has given. Some blog question require a bit of research, nothing difficult, and others simply ask for your opinion. In addition to answering the blog question, you are required to read your fellow students' responses.

If you complete the blog correctly by 3 p.m. on the day it is due (i.e. either Thursday or Monday, depending on the assignment sheet), you will receive 105 percent. If you complete it after that time (you may continue to answer the blog until I "check" it and write a note to that effect), you will receive fewer points. The idea is to get on the blog and answer it in time for other students to get back on to read everyone's responses who wrote after they did.

Today, I simply want you to respond to this blog so that I know you were able to get onto it. You should be using your class number and CA or your first name and CA (or just your first name). Do NOT use weird names. I need to be able to quickly grade the blog and not have to figure out who is who.

So click away and respond!

Thanks!
Mrs. D

10 Comments:

At 11:07 PM, Blogger Patrick12 said...

Wow. This ain't to bad. Took a while to find it though. This seems pretty cool!

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

hey mrs. dagen, i just changed my name, sorry... well not literally, but you know...

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Sister Sara said...

Well, congratulations to MOST of you, who managed to read the instructions AND follow them. The rest of you (who did not use either your name or your new number) may have to learn by not getting credit for your homework...

But I'm glad you all are enjoying the technological side of English.

As to Mr. Ark's comment, I am NOT a Communist, although it is a temptation. Please note, Mr. Ark, that whenever a comment has been deleted, it has this message: This post has been removed by the author. Apparently, the authors, not a Communist me, are removing their own posts. Why? I have no idea. So let it be noted that I am not responsible for censorship, even though I have declared certain words off limits in class.

Keep writing... I'll give the newbies more time and the rebels time to "fix" their blog names.

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Sister Sara said...

Oh, and I'll change the time. It's probably in Pacific time or something...

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Sister Sara said...

Mr. RedDwarf, why are you red? And why are you a dwarf? I guess it's acceptable because you have your number.

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Sister Sara said...

My guess is Andrew.

Am I right?

 
At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man I feel awful.... I think I'm fighting off something.

 
At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man I feel awful.... I think I'm fighting off something.

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Sister Sara said...

OK. I've graded this, so if you are a newbie and just getting on (still missing two seniors and three juniors), you'll need to email me as well as answer the blog to get credit. Homework is homework, folks, and easy points are rare!

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger Sister Sara said...

Completely graded. Add no more! (At least for credit.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home