Saturday, August 19, 2006

The Best Advice I Ever Received...

Hi!

Let's take a little break from Oedipus today and talk about ourselves a bit. We're so good at that! So answer this question: "What is the best advice you've ever received and why?" Explain yourself. Give us a bit of the nitty gritty, how the advice has impacted your life, why it outrates any other advice you've ever been given.

THINK before you write, and try not to mimic someone else's entry.

The best advice I ever received? Well, since I had the wisest mother in the world, I have much I could choose. But one that sticks out in my mind right this minute is this: "The kind of boy you're interested in isn't interested in girls yet." I know, I know, you're thinking, "Wow. Mrs. Dagen isn't as old as I thought." Well, you're wrong! I am old and this was advice that got me through my teens. I was looking for Mr. Special, Mr. Right, and Mr. Perfect, and all the less-than-special, wrong and imperfect guys were dating all my classmates. Sometimes I wanted to rush things and just date anyone (remember, I was a teen-ager; this is not a current event), but my mother would always reiterate her advice. You know what? She was right. And I waited not for those three guys but for the one that had all those characteristics, and it was worth the wait. (Did I mention that my mother also said: "Girls don't call boys." Hmmm... That was great advice too!)

So why are you waiting? Get busy blogging your best advice! I'm sure as soon as I post this some other advice will come to my mind...

Love you!
Mrs. D

3 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In my opinion, "Don't judge a book by it's cover" has to be the best advice I've heard. People are often more(or in some cases, less) than they appear.

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Patrick12 said...

So there are way too many pieces of advice that I've gotten. Mainly from my dad. He's very wise. But I guess the biggest piece of advice that I got helped me to be able to learn and understand the advice I got later on. My youth pastor once spoke on wisdom. He used several passages from Proverbs which talks about attaining wisdom. So I began to ask God for his wisdom and it has helped me through life. I have mad some huge decisions where, had I not been asking God for his guidance, I could be very messed up right now. Basically, the best peice of advice I've been given is seek Jesus, and ask God for wisdom.

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger Sister Sara said...

Wow. I think this is one of the best blogs. I love your heartfelt posts! Consider this graded.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home